Take for Granted


I was talking to my son the other night.  I was explaining to him that a lot of us take simple things for granted.  Being able to walk, smile, touch and see.  Being able to visit friends or family (if they’re close by).  Seeing the joy of a sunrise and a new day.  These are all things that I enjoy every day.  Don’t you?  I ended up having to explain the phrase to him.  I couldn’t come up with the definition for the phrase, off the top of my head, but explained to him what I stated above.  This is what dictionary.com states:

-take for granted,
a. to accept without question or objection; assume: Your loyalty to the cause is taken for granted.
b. to use, accept, or treat in a careless or indifferent manner: A marriage can be headed for trouble if either spouse begins to take the other for granted.

(Photo from Microsoft Free Images)

Comments

Popular Posts