Great Basin National Park


There is a very large empty area that starts on I-15, a little bit before Fillmore and ends before Beaver, UT.  It's called the Great Basin.  It is very vast.  I really thought it was full of just sage brush.  Well, it turns out if you head west, there is a National Park just on the other side of the Utah border in Nevada.  It's Great Basin National Park.  It was created in 1983.  My first thought when I saw the sign to the side of the road was, "What would anyone want to see out there?"  After looking it up...


It looks like a wonderful place to explore.  This is a picture of Baker Creek.


You can go exploring in Lehman Caves.  This is a photo of the first room of the caves.  I think I want to explore Great Basin National Park sometime during the upcoming year.  What do you think?

Comments

Popular Posts