Do you have any adventures planned?



Do you have any adventures planned this weekend?

I have one friend that is being snowed on at home and the other is in Italy.  I'm sad for my friend that is being snowed on because I'm sure they are tired of the snow.  The weather always affects our plans and adventures, doesn't it?  My other friend that is in Italy has been enjoying their hikes and wine tours.  That sound like fun.  I hope to make it there sometime.  Have you ever made it to Italy?

My random question for you is... have you ever been to a lighthouse?  I love their symbolism and purpose.  I love how their purpose was to emit light to serve as a navigational aid for maritime pilots at sea or on inland waterways.  I feel that their purpose helped many make it ashore safely.

US-Lighthouses.com has a lighthouse directory and alphabetical list in case you are near any.  I've been to a couple lighthouses in my lifetime.  I've been to the Battery Point Lighthouse in Northern California.  Unfortunately, I was not able to make it there during the time/tide you can walk up to it and look closely at it.  It was still a nice visit.  The second lighthouse I visited was the Makapu'u Point Lighthouse.  I love reading about the history on the people who helped built, and how difficult it was to get the materials in these various locations for construction.  I always find it fascinating.  If you ever make it to Hawai'i, Makapu'u Point Lighthouse trail can be steep in places, but it's paved and an overall short hike it.  Once you get at the view point it also has a beautiful view of the Southeastern part of Hawai'i.

(Image by fancycrave1 from Pixabay)

Comments

Popular Posts