Potato Harvest Deliciousness


On Sunday morning I felt like eating one of my favorites - sausage and hash browns.  I took a bunch of potatoes that I dug up from my garden on Saturday.  I peeled them.


I shredded them.  I was surprised how they didn't oxidize as fast as the store bought potatoes.  I'm going to look into why they didn't.  Was it because they were used so quickly out of the ground - due to freshness?  Was it because they weren't altered in anyway? - I didn't use any pesticides, plant food, or chemicals.  I'm really not sure why yet.  The store bought potatoes are turning pink when I'm finishing shredding my last potato.


Here are my hash browns in the fry pan.  My youngest son said, "Mom these taste a lot better than the other hash browns you make."  I thought they tasted better too.

I can't explain how wonderful it makes you feel when you start a plant in your garden.  You water it, weed it, watch it grow - then eat/savor the rewards or your labor.  It's an incredible feeling - and a tasty one too.

(Photos by Sakura's Creations)

Comments

Popular Posts