Redwood Road Trip - Day 2 [July 21st, 2011]

The Redwood National Park Epic Adventure

Day 2
July 21st, 2011
Destination: Yreka, CA
Main Attraction: Lassen Volcanic National Park

Packing up in Reno to head out to Yreka, CA.

We had a quick picnic and ate lunch on the way to Lassen Volcanic National Park.

I had to take a picture of this sign.  Most people in Utah would understand the humor in it.

We drove past Lake Almanor.

I had no idea they had a power dam until I read this sign.

Here's my oldest son and I at the north entrance of Lassen Volcanic National Park.

There was still a lot of snow that was melting from winter.  Therefore this little waterfall was created by excess runoff.

Here's a picture of Sulfur Works.  I was intimidated by the temperature sign right by it.

Here are my kids reading information on all of the past volcanic peaks at this view point.

Can you spot the black tailed deer doe and fawn in this picture?

A picture of us at Emerald Lake.  You can't see it in this picture; however, if you ever make it here you'll understand why it is called Emerald Lake.  The water is an emerald color.  It's very pretty.

View by Lassen Peak.


A photo of us in front of a very large boulder that came out of Lassen Peak when it erupted in 1915.  You can see Lassen Peak on the top right part of the photo.  We were on the Devastated Area Trail.  The information on this trail explains the geology of the rocks in the area and how they formed.  I really enjoyed this trail.

A photograph of Lassen Peak in between the trees.

We've been running into a Western Fence lizard on all of our trips.  So, we've been taking a picture of the lizard we come across at each location.  In 2005, when we went to Bryce Canyon we came across a horned toad.


I put captions under all of these the other day.  I'm not entirely sure why all my pictures and captions disappear.  I've posted and commented twice and they just disappear.  I even previewed it.  I'll put captions on later tonight.

Total Miles:  330
Total Hours: 8

(Photos by Sakura's Creations)

Comments

Popular Posts