My weekend adventure...


On Saturday I worked in my garden.  I decided to harvest my potato plants.  I couldn't wait to see how many potatoes I ended up with.  I've planted them before in much rockier soil I won't mention the place (Tooele) and they turned out very lumpy because of the rocks.  My potato plants are in my flower garden.  It was the easiest place to plant them.  I had quite a bit of room and it made it easier to dig them up.  My vegetable garden is on the other side of my back yard and I put weed block down... so you can imagine the downside.


My first shovel into the ground and WOW!  Already two pretty good sized potatoes.  I was so excited.  I had to let all of you know about it.  It was really hot on Saturday.  There wasn't very much wind and the sun was beating down.  It felt like I was going in slow motion digging up all of the potatoes.


Here's one of my BIG mixing bowls.  This mixing bowl is gigantic.  You'd have to see it to believe me.  Full of potatoes.  I have another one full of little potatoes and even smaller ones that I'll use as starters for next year.  What a success!


This is to give you an idea of the size of some of the potatoes.  That's a normal size mug.  I'll tell you how they tasted..  :)

(Photos by Sakura's Creations)

Comments

Popular Posts