National Cherry Blossom Festival


The National Cherry Blossom Festival Centennial is going to take place March 20 - April 27, 2012.  The 2012 blooming forecast anticipates the peak blooming dates to be March 24th through the 28th.  This is when 70 percent of the blossoms of the Yoshino cherry trees that surround the Tidal Basin are open.  It must be beautiful.  I would love to go to the centennial celebration.  I was pricing out travel earlier this year and a couple weeks ago, but I won't be able to this year.  Events like these make me wish I lived in Washington D.C. or around the area.  I'm happy for those of you who will be able to go.

For those of you who like or love photography, they're having a photo contest.

(Photo from Microsoft Free Images, Provided by Fotolia.com)

Comments

Popular Posts