What did you do over the weekend?


What did you do over the weekend?  The birthday party for my oldest son was a great success.  Everyone had a blast.  I know I did.  I went down the slip n' slide many times.  So many times that I ended up hurting my knee - which was worth the pain.

After the birthday party we decided to go on a drive.  On a dirt road.  We ended up getting a flat tire; which I've changed before so it wasn't that big of a deal.  Until I couldn't get the flat old tire from the vehicle.  It was rusted on.  It ended up taking us 4-5 hours and the help of multiple individuals to get the tire off.  I'm so proud of my kids and my newest doggie.  I'm impressed with how well they dealt with the situation.  They found ways to keep them entertained and had fun with bugs while we were stranded.  I didn't get upset either.  I also think it's a good thing that my kids experienced this.  Sometimes, when people's lives go smoothly one little thing can cause so much angst and anxiety.  If you have experienced set backs in your life you've found ways to make it through and manage what you can do about the situation.

(Photo from Microsoft Free Images)

Comments

Popular Posts