The Cash Incident


Over the weekend I went to the grocery store to buy some last minute items for a picnic in the mountains.  While I was in the process of checking out in the cash register line, I noticed a man behind me thumbing through cash in his hand.  I didn't think anything of it at the time, but went on my merry way of being wrung up for my purchases.  All of a sudden a grocery store clerk said, "Ma'am, is this your money?  It was on the floor right here."  He motioned to where the gentlemen was standing.  I said, "No, but..."  I looked for the person that was standing in line and he wasn't there.  I looked at the other lane that was open, and there I found him.  I said, "I think it's his." and pointed to the man checking out at the register next to mine.  The clerk then went over to him and gave him the money.  Everyone in the store thought it was wonderful how honest I was.  I really didn't say anything because I didn't know what to say.  When I walked past the gentleman whose money it was he smile and said thank you.  It was interesting how that simple act of kindness brighten every one's mood in the store.  It made me happy knowing that what I did helped others and made they happy.

(Photo from Microsoft Free Images, Provided by Veer.com)

Comments

Popular Posts