What did you do over the Mother's Day Weekend?

Wilson Arch by Moab, UT

I got off work late on Friday and decided to be spontaneous.  I ended up booking a room at Cortez, CO.  The main reason - to visit Mesa Verde National Park.  It was incredibly last minute and exciting.

Road to Moab, UT


I'm chilling at 8500 feet above sea level and seeing all angles at the top of Mesa Verde National Park at Park Point.  What a view!


This is the Spruce Tree House.  It's a cliff dwelling built right into the side of the mesa.  I love historical sites.  They always make me awe and wonder about the people who lived there.


Here's another picture of a structure in Spruce Tree House.


Here's a picture of a Kiva - gathering place of the Puebloans.


I'm pointing to an engineering plaque while standing in front of their reservoir.


These are some beautiful rock formations on the way back from Cortez, CO.  This last weekend was a wonderful and relaxing Mother's Day.

(Photos by Sakura's Creations)

Comments

Popular Posts