Finals 2008


So, today is Finals for my class I've been taking this summer (So wish me luck!  :)).  This course is an online course.  I've taken online courses before.  I actually took one Summer Semester 2008.  Mostly everything is online; however, the final is not online.  You have to go to the actual college or university building to take your final.

This leads me to my story.  You would not believe what happened to me in 2008.  I went to the testing center.  Gave them my college ID and they pulled up the test I needed to take.  I went and took a seat.  This was a timed test.  It was two hours long.  I was working on my accounting problems and questions.  Then, my eye itched.  I gently rubbed it, thinking, 'No big deal.'  Well, right after that I couldn't see out of my right eye and it felt extremely uncomfortable.  I tried to do several other questions while covering my right eye and working on the problems with my left eye.  I eventually asked the proctors if I could just quickly leave the test and go to the restroom to adjust my contact.  They said I couldn't leave the exam unless I was finished.  I couldn't believe what I was hearing.  I went back to the desk I was at and sat down.  I ended up finishing my test with ONE EYE.  Once I was done in the testing facility.  I went to the restroom and found out my contact went up behind my eyelid, ouch!  Since this experience I ALWAYS wear glasses on the days I have a final.  I've laughed about it a lot since then and needless to say I did not receive the best grade for my final.  I told myself that this was the 'Final's Day that will live in Infamy.'

(Photo from Microsoft Free Images)

Comments

Popular Posts