Books

The Pig in the Spigot

Do you love books?  I know that I do.  I read a couple illustrated books to my kids last night. 

One of the books was, The Pig in the Spigot, by Richard Wilbur.  My oldest son and I found it interesting.  The author would take smaller words and link them to larger words.  I really enjoyed the page in the book that talked about sob and disobey.  Not that I like it when people cry, but it brought up a good point.  My other favorite is where idea is.

Unfortunately, my youngest son now finds this embarrassing.  My oldest son still likes listening to the stories and I do to.  I really enjoy some of the artwork in children's books.  I find it visually stimulating.  That's why I still check children's books out at the library from time to time.  After I read, my oldest son read to me.  I've decided to read chapter books with my kids this year - of course they'll be reading to me.

(Photo from Amazon.com)

Comments

Popular Posts