New Year's Eve 2009


What did you do New Year's Eve to bring in 2010?  I did a Japanese New Year theme.  We had friends and family over.  I left work early and made a lot of Japanese food.  We didn't have osechi or have any traditional Japanese New Year foods; like rice cakes.  We had homemade Japanese foods and Sake (MMmmm).

We ate gyoza with seasoned hamburger, gyoza with cream cheese,

korokke,

inarizushi,

and sushi (we made everything except for the sushi).  I had two Sous-Chefs.  One made rice, my mom and my brother, who put the inarizushi together.  The sushi was from Demae.  We had the Philadelphia roll フィラデルフィア巻, Alaska roll アラスカ巻, Tuna roll (tekka)  鉄火巻, and Hamachi roll  ハマチ.  I love sushi.  It's so delicious.  I was planning on making Miso Soup, but decided we had enough food.  I hope everyone's New Year's Eve was enjoyable and exciting.  :)

(Photo's by Sakura's Creations)

Comments

Popular Posts