What I do:





Two things I do to relief stress is either exercise or daydream.  Yes, you read that right, DAYDREAM.  I do this for about 5 mins; when I know I have a lot to do, I don't have the luxury of mentally checking out and doing something else.  It's for those times in my life that I know I need to power through my tough moments in life no matter what - to get things done.  In my brain there is a little Sakura World and I have a door to a room.  I open my door and inside the door is my, "Happy Place," like in the movie, Billy Madison.  I'll have to paint it for all of you and post it.  I don't think my painting will give my Happy Place justice, but it will help.  I've included the clip from the movie to give you an idea - for those who have not seen the movie.






Among the other items I do to relief stress is to just make time doing the things I love.  Which are: gardening, reading, learning, playing my violin, playing RockBand, playing board games with my family/friends.


(Photo from Boston University)
(Video clip is from Happy Place)



Comments

Popular Posts