Happy Thanksgiving!!


“Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.” 
– Thomas Fuller

I'm going to share a page out of the book by Patricia Lorenz, Positive Quotes for Every Day:

“When we’re separated from our loved ones, we feel a pang inside.  Past experiences tend to come to mind, and we long to have those fun times again.  If we’re lucky enough to spend a great deal of time with family and friends, it is easy to start taking these times for granted.  In the midst of merriment and mayhem, especially on Thanksgiving, I try to step away from yet another nibble of scrumptious food and take in the scene.  I see kids playing games, adults fixing snacks, and other grown-ups rehashing the latest great argument, some watching football, some giggling and thinking up jokes to play, and a few just relaxing.  I love this scene.  I can almost feel my heart expanding.”

At the end of the page, the author states:

"Today I will give thanks for all my loved ones and send warm vibes toward all those who feel alone on this celebratory day."

My wish is that no one is alone and hungry during Thanksgiving.  I know that this happens, but it is a holiday with such a beautiful holiday centered around gratitude.

(Graphic from Here)

Comments

Popular Posts